Take a look at our scavenger hunts.
Birthday Scavenger Hunt: Keep the kids hooked with an exciting scavenger hunt
Our treasure hunts
Suitable for all ages
MYSTERANDO’S PRACTICAL ADVICE FOR A SUCCESSFUL BIRTHDAY TREASURE HUNT
Organize the adventure well! In order for the operation to go according to plan, you need to pay attention to a few key things. Below we’ve put together the most important tips for a successful birthday treasure hunt.
- The location: In the summer, the ideal location for a birthday treasure hunt is outdoors. Your backyard is the best place for a treasure hunt for 7 to 8 year olds. That said, a park or a forest will spice up the scavenger hunt adventure for 10 to 12 year olds. First, scout the area to eliminate all possible dangers and estimate the length of the game. Of course, a birthday treasure hunt can also be organized indoors. This is your best bet in winter, especially if there’s a chance of rain, wind, or snow!
- Preparation: Before the game begins, allow about half an hour to print out the birthday treasure hunt materials and hide the riddles.
- Duration of the game: How old are the players? Take this into account when determining the duration of the game. A scavenger hunt for 4 to 6 year olds should take 30 minutes to 1 hour, while a scavenger hunt for 11 to 13 year olds can go up to 90 minutes. Attention spans vary!
- Number of players: To ensure everyone has fun during the birthday scavenger hunt, we don’t recommend large groups. If there are more than 8 children, we recommend dividing them into two groups. This way even the quiet ones can actively participate in the children’s treasure hunt.
- Teamwork: A scavenger hunt is not only fun, but also shows children in a playful way the importance of good cooperation. Every kid’s scavenger hunt has a variety of team games where girls and boys help each other to achieve their goal. Practicing working together on a birthday scavenger hunt is important especially for children ages 7-8.
- The treasure: At the end of a birthday treasure hunt, there’s always…a treasure! Create a cool treasure chest the kids will love finding. All you need is a little creativity and dexterity – even a simple shoebox can be transformed into a pirate’s sunken trove! Fill the treasure chest with goodies. Sweets such as chocolate coins are very popular in a treasure hunt for 7 to 9 year olds. Other rewards like games or coloring books will delight the birthday treasure hunt players!
Go on a treasure hunt at a birthday party with an age-appropriate Mysterando adventure.
On the trail of the pirates who stole your treasure, on the way to the wizard school, or in the heart of the jungle during the festive animal gathering, Mysterando has created various scenarios for an original birthday treasure hunt that takes children from 4 to 13 years old on an unforgettable adventure.
Our birthday treasure hunts appeal to both boys and girls. We’ve also worked closely with an educational team to ensure that the search for the treasure is age appropriate. Whether it’s a birthday scavenger hunt for 6-8 year olds or a treasure hunt for 11-12 year olds, you can find the perfect treasure hunt in our online shop using our handy age indicator.
- The pirate treasure: Ahoy, matey! The villainous pirate has stolen King Lino’s treasure. Who will find its hiding place on the mysterious island during the birthday treasure hunt?
- The stolen coconut: The animals are in a frenzy! Their prized coconut has been stolen! Can you unmask the thief during this scavenger hunt for 9-10 year olds?
- The horses have escaped: Oh no! The horses are gone! Help the farmer in this story to get them back to the stable.
- The Wizarding School: Congratulations! You’ve been accepted into wizarding school. But before the new school year starts, you need to get all the magical items you’ll need for class. A great scavenger hunt for children ages 7 to 9.
A birthday scavenger hunt is great fun for children of all ages. We want each child to be able to solve the riddles, so we’ve adapted them for different age groups: For scavenger hunts for kindergarteners we do not offer activities that require reading or arithmetic. On the other hand, our treasure hunts for 11 to 13 year olds are much more challenging! You can also decrease or increase the level of difficulty and the length of the game by following the instructions included in each product. For example, you can shorten the team challenges for the 6-8 year old scavenger hunt, or add extra bonus activities for older children. This way you can make the birthday treasure hunt even more fun!
Fun for young and old alike – Mysterando’s birthday treasure hunts
Easily order a treasure hunt for your child with the Mysterando shopping cart. After payment, you receive a download link with instructions and lovingly illustrated riddles.
Mysterando children’s treasure hunts – advantages for you as a parent:
- A birthday treasure hunt is a wholesome, inexpensive way to spend a lovely day (indoors or outside).
- The scavenger hunts require almost no prep time to set up.
- No stress, not even on the big day: a Mysterando children’s treasure hunt is a guaranteed success. The kids will be amazed!
Mysterando – fun for the whole family!